Friday, August 5, 2011

"Panda" and other things



WOW . . . has it really been that long? I have been very busy working on an auction for our Guild. It has been over a year since our dear Nancy's passing, and our Guild has moved twice since then. We are now back to our beloved Crescent Lane and I really think that we now have Happy Hookers.

We were in desperate need of something fun that we all could look forward to, so I convinced the Board to have a Covered Dish Lunch and an Auction where everyone would donate something we could bid on. We are also working on a rug to raffle where everyone hooks a 5 inch square anyway they want. It is turning out so adorable. Here are some samples . . .










I am also working on decorating and having door prizes for everyone attending. It will be a fabulous time. It will be good to have a get-together like this. I will post more about this later.

Wondering about the rug I am working on? My daughter is having her third baby and I wanted to do a rug that would be sentimental to her. She drew the panda picture when she was in the fourth grade, I think that was in 1987-ish. Anyway, my hubby and I always loved the picture and I saved it all these years. I took it to be enlarged, traced it on red dot, and drew it on linen to be hooked. SHE DOES NOT KNOW ABOUT IT YET. . . and she never reads my blog so I think I am safe.

It is a great rug to hook . . . everything is either blocks or little items . . . and it is nice to be hooking again for pleasure and not project oriented.

Happy Hooking!!!

3 comments:

  1. The squares are wonderful...all the different styles and colors...I especially love that crow with the pearl button eye! I like your idea for a rug for your daughter. She'll be so surprised. The auction sounds like fun. I submitted a rug for an auction at my very first hook-in. Boy, was I nervous watching to see if anyone would bid on it. But, it did sell!
    Have fun!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks April and Courtney. I think it will be a sweet rug when it is finished.

    ReplyDelete