Tuesday, November 29, 2011

New things



 Here are some things that I have finished up recently.  "The Prairie Fox" is found in 'The Rug Hook Book" by Thom Boswell.  It was designed by Kathy Morton and her hooked original is 27" by 54".  I hooked a miniature version of her rug (12½" by 24") and it is one of my favorite rugs now.  I have it on a small table by my chair.











 The Shepherd and Sheep were designed by Nancy Thompson.  Again, hers were much larger (see other pictures) and attached to wooden boards, whereas my Shepherd is 14½ inches tall and the sheep are 4½ inches tall.  All are stuffed with poly fill and finished at the bottom.

The above is a pillow that I made for my rocker/glider chair I recovered last year.  It is a chair that my husband gave me when my first child was born back in the late 70's.  It sure doesn't glide as smoothly as the new gliders that are out now, but I still love it.  It needed a little something so I hooked the pillow for it.  I rock my grand children in it now.

Happy Hooking.

3 comments:

  1. What great rug projects! You've been busy. I love the pillow and the rocking chair story. Nice fringe on that pillow too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your finished hooked items, esp. the fox rug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I happened to be at the Gwinnett Environmental and Heritage Center today, and viewed with pleasure the hooked rug exhibit. I have never seen rugs like this before! I love the rustic texture. The rug that caught my fancy more than any of the rest was one of yours, The Prairie Fox. I am glad to find a pic of it on your blog. Sincerely, Marty Donnellan

    ReplyDelete