Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Snow Folks



I just finished a "Snow Folk". It is an adorable rug hooked snowman that I found the pattern and fabulous directions FREE on Jennifer Manuell's blog 'Fish Eye Rugs'. You can find her blog on my blog list, or to go direct to the "Snow Folks" click here. She has wonderful close-up pictures and detailed construction tips. Fun to make! She even gives instructions for the knitted hat. I suggest hooking several at one time. My tip for the snaps is to sew the bottom of the snap on first, then snap on the top part. The scarf is an old wool sweater that I felted and cut up. I made the trees from old bobbins using #8 cuts of wool tied in a single knot around the bobbin. I found the rusty old stars at Hobby Lobby in the Christmas department. Make one for yourself!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love your little snowman too!!! Reminds me of a song... *ahem*..
    I'm.... dreaming.... of a hooked.... Christmas...

    ReplyDelete